Skip to main content

#BirthdayRant: When it’s your birthday and you can’t sleep…

Sorry to disappoint you... this is not another sensual story.
It's the morning of my birthday and things aren't quite what they were (about) 2 years ago.
1.12 am and the only messages I've gotten are from GT Bank and First Bank. Well, Twitter was nice enough to put up balloons.
Lol.
So much for being a birthday girl.
I guess all my friends are tired 'cause I didn't feel this deserted some years ago.
Too early to say yeah? 
Well...
The usual birthday programme went this way:
- The lover always called first; called to sing me a song, talk me through the early hours, pray for or with me... Basically, just be there. But as we don't have Bae in 2016, Jesus has taken the wheel. 
Oluwa gba ko so. (Lord take control).
- The main calls troop in between 6 am and 3 pm. Phone is everly ringing like a business centre in 2002. From uncles to unwanted suitors. Hopefully, they'll call us this year and 0956 will not block the call because mobile marketing.
Aside: First human birthday message just came in.
Sighs.
Moving on.
- Mummy and Daddy prayers. MFM mode activated.
Definitely need the prayers to revive everyone in the friend zone since 'friend' is now scarce. Maybe it's the economy.
- Then Jollof oh Jollof accompanied with Turkey and other delightful dishes! God bless my mother!

Gbogbo e gbogbo e (everything everything) balls down to how all of the excitement about things and days like birthdays tone down as you get older... Well, in my case. 
Awon runs girls mi L'Eko At'Abuja mo what's up (Runs girls in Lagos and Abuja don't have to go through this).
Anyhow anyhow... Happy birthday to me.
Yaga!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bedroom Comedy

You know when you have to wait months to hit that thing and then you fuck up. As in eh, when you mess up seriously! Yeah, that *I wanna die feeling* happened to me o. Choi! Met this girl, can’t even remember how we met. She was sha on ma bbm. Correct babe, boobies to die for, light skinned hottie, better yansh *wipes sweat* And yes she was in lust with me. Sexy slim toh bad, the ladies are (ok were) tripping. Back to the story. The girl wanted the D, so p-setting was really easy. I didn’t have to convince her unendingly. She wasn’t in Lagos at that time. She was somewhere in Delta/Edo. And then you know, the sexual frustration grew cos we didn’t see. We exchanged messages, how much we wanted to bang each other ...that kinda thing. She had the dirtiest mouth, I literarily moved around with a hard-on. I made mouth mayne. DAMN!!! Telling her I would do that, how I would keep hitting it for 25minutes non-stop. The multiple orgasm I would give her, oh la la.  She wanted me

Frescoed Stories

Ok. I accept. I'm a liar. But really, that isn't the approriate and befitting description for me. I don't lie...Well,I just leave out a lot of "unnecesary" details. You could call it whatever you wanna, but I insist it's an essential trait of a realist (just to say sharp gurl/guy, I went to school noni :p ). Hey! You have had 6 "bedmates" and you are confusd about the current one (Mr. Right Now No.7)... You need advice,so your girlfriend(s) is the first link to clear thinking. In the course of explaining your predicament, it dawns on you that your girlfriend has made out with just 3 guys and has had sex with 1 (Jeez- Life must be a Bitch, Eh?)... You can't talk about this issue without relating it to your other escapades...therefore, a dilemma presents itself. Since you can't stop the story abruptly,you'ld have to: 1. Tell the truth, recounting your 'many' stories. You'ld watch the shock rise from her upper face to t

Trade by Barter

It started out as a conversation. I and my friend were discontented about our financial status. I talked about how pleasant it would be if I had ‘sufficient’ and steady income. She talked about how she could not bring herself to ask men for money. We talked about the Aristo Chics we knew that summed up enough courage to collect humongous amounts from their customers. God was listening to our conversation. He had to make a comedy out of it, so he provided me what Unilag girls would call ‘opportunity’. Later that day, I was buying yoghurt around Honours when a white jeep honked at me. I walked up to the car and saw that an old man (most likely older than my father) was the driver and only occupant of the vehicle. “Good afternoon Sir”. “Good afternoon my dear. Do you stay in this hostel?” “No Sir.” “Where do you stay?” “Moremi Sir.” I lied, “Is there any problem Sir?” “No my dear. I would just like to know you better. I want you to be my friend” I could not help but laug